Don’t you just love that tantalizing taste of moi-moi especially when you eat it with bread or cassava flakes (lol abegi garri jor) or even with eggs. I sure know am not the only lover of moi-moi. It’s so on point for me.
Honestly, the idea of baking moi-moi came from my sister. I didn’t really take her serious though but I guess her curiosity made me learn and love this technique too.
Hello people Disclaimer!! This recipe was made by my sister. I am not a food expert but I just am in love with this meal and would love to share how to make it.
My ingredients for making baked moi-moi (bean cake)
1. One medium sized chopped onions
2. Two or three cups peeled beans(depending on the intended quantity to cook)
3. 4 Habanero peppers ( known as ata rodo in Nigeria) and 4 bell peppers (tatashe)
( you might not add this much pepper,if you like but I just like mine slightly peppery)
4. 1-2 table spoonful of crayfish
5. Chopped Hot dog or cornbeef
6. One tin sweetcorn
7. 5 big sized chopped carrots
8. Seasoning and salt to taste
9. Groundnut oil
How to make baked moi-moi (bean cake)
– You start by soaking your beans in water for about 20 mins, followed by peeling your beans.
– wash your ata rodo (habanero pepper) ,onions and tatashe (bell pepper) add to your peeled beans. Thereafter proceed to grind into a smooth paste.
– Add groundnut oil, salt, seasoning,crayfish to your freshly grounded beans paste.
– You then proceed by adding your chopped hot dog, chopped carrots and sweetcorn.
– pour the mixture into your baking tin and it’s ready to bake
– Add a bit more chopped carrot, hot dog and sweetcorn on top of the mixture in the tin, just for a little extra but this Step is totally optional
Bon appetite!!! Enjoy your meal.